Tenth Annual CAQ Symposium
Sunday, August 5, 2018
August 5, 2018
Hosted by BDO USA, LLP
Academic scholars and top practitioners from the CAQ’s Governing Board Member firms gathered for the Tenth Annual CAQ Symposium, held this year on August 5, 2018 in Washington, DC. The event is a key part of the CAQ’s ongoing dialogue with the academic community on how research can inform audit practice.
The 2018 Symposium included panel discussions on critical issues confronting the profession, as well as breakout discussions to further explore those issues. This year’s sessions focused on lessons for the future that were gleaned from implementation of the new revenue recognition standard, as well as the evolving needs for the audit of 2023 (the year that incoming freshman will be joining the profession).
- Download the bios of all of the panelists at the Tenth Annual CAQ Symposium.
Panel I: Navigating Challenges of New Standards: Lessons for the Future
- Tim Ryan, PwC
- Candy Duncan, Audit Committee Member
- Jeff Jones, KPMG LLP
- Dave Sullivan, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Christopher Tower, BDO USA, LLP
Panel II: Evolving Needs for the Audit of 2023
- Stella Shanovich, BDO USA, LLP
- Jeff Brown, University of Illinois
- Sara Lord, RSM US LLP
- Lora Rothe, Deloitte Services LP
- Scott Zimmerman, EY
Symposium attendees participated in a breakout session to delve deeper into many of the issues raised during the panel discussions. The breakouts provided an opportunity for academics and practitioners to engage in a lively dialogue on these topics.
- Download the highlights of the key points raised in these small-group discussions.