Virtual Research Feedback Session for Auditing Researchers
Monday, June 22, 2020
Do you have a research question that you think would benefit from feedback from a senior audit practitioner? Then take advantage of the CAQ’s next Research Feedback Session. These sessions are designed to offer researchers the chance to receive feedback from senior practice leaders and non-practice members of the CAQ’s RAB in order to gain perspectives that may help in refining and further developing your research question. All research methodologies are welcome.
The CAQ will be scheduling multiple virtual sessions (using Zoom video conferencing) of 15 minutes each during which academic scholars can present their research idea to members of the CAQ’s Research Advisory Board (RAB) on one of the following days:
- Monday, October 19: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
- Friday, November 6: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm EST
These sessions are available to all academics that conduct research in auditing – from PhD students to full professors. The RAB supports studies employing a wide range of research methodologies, including archival studies, meta analyses, modeling, literature reviews, behavioral/experimental research studies, and descriptive analyses.
To apply, submit your research idea using the Kinney Three Paragraphs approach:
- What is the problem?
- Why is it an important problem?
- How will it be solved?
The deadline for applications is 11:59 pm PDT, Monday, September 28, 2020. Applications should be made via email sent to email@example.com.
How the session works:
- RAB members who are participating in this event will review the Kinney Three Paragraphs to familiarize themselves with your research idea.
- At the appointed time, you will make a brief pitch (no more than five minutes in length) about your research idea (similar to what entrepreneurs do on Shark Tank).
- Once you’ve made your pitch, you will engage in a dialogue with RAB members who will provide feedback and ask questions about your research idea.
- You will also be able to ask questions of the RAB members.
- Co-authors are welcome to participate in the Q&A with the RAB members, but only one team member can make the pitch presentation.
How to apply:
- To apply for this opportunity, send your project’s Kinney Three Paragraphs (up to two pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also include up to three questions you would like the practitioners to be prepared to answer.
Submissions that do not include a Kinney Three Paragraphs write up will not be considered.
Space is limited, and we expect demand to be high, so researchers will be chosen via lottery. Those selected will receive a confirmation email by Friday, October 2, 2020.