Ninth Annual CAQ Symposium
Sunday, August 6, 2017
August 6, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hosted by KPMG LLP
Top practitioners from the public company auditing profession gathered with leading academics at the Ninth Annual CAQ Symposium, held this year on August 6, 2017 in San Diego. The event is a key part of the CAQ’s ongoing dialogue with the academic community on how research can inform audit practice.
As in past years, the 2017 Symposium included panel discussions on critical issues confronting the profession, as well as breakout sessions to further explore those issues. This year’s sessions focused on challenges and opportunities connected to how auditing firms approach risk assessment, as well as innovative approaches to learning and development.
- Download bios for all panelists in the Ninth Annual CAQ Symposium.
Panel I: Challenges and Opportunities: Auditor Risk Assessment
- Dave Sullivan, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Phillip Austin, BDO USA LLP
- Mark Beasley, North Carolina State University
- Elizabeth Miller, KPMG LLP
- Maria Moats, PwC
Panel II: Innovative Approaches to Learning and Development
- Tal Goldhamer, EY
- Michael Becker, BDO USA LLP
- Susan Crosson, American Accounting Association
- Eric Dingler, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Roger O’Donnell, KPMG LLP
Symposium attendees participated in a breakout session to delve deeper into many of the issues raised during the panel discussions. The breakouts provided an opportunity for academics and practitioners to engage in a lively dialogue on these topics.
- Download the highlights of the key points raised in these small-group discussions.