Our mission & values
SERVING INVESTORS, PUBLIC COMPANY AUDITORS & THE MARKETS
The CAQ is dedicated to enhancing investor confidence and public trust in the global capital markets by:
- Fostering high-quality performance by public company auditors
- Convening and collaborating with other stakeholders to advance the discussion of critical issues requiring action and intervention
- Advocating policies and standards that promote public company auditors’ objectivity, effectiveness, and responsiveness to dynamic market conditions
An autonomous, nonpartisan, and nonprofit public policy advocacy organization, the CAQ guides and supports the public company auditing profession as it does its vital work worldwide. Learn more about who we are and what we do here.
At the CAQ, we share a core belief in working together to leverage the skills and strengths of our team. We collaborate to deliver meaningful results and impact those we serve through wisdom, diligence, and creativity. Our values guide our work individually and together, while helping us to consistently maintain our organization’s commitment to balance, quality of life, and a positive nature.
Learn More About Us
Operate with a sense of fairness and consideration for the whole, recognizing that “fair” does not mean “equal”
- Strive to make impartial decisions
- Give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Pay attention to others
Foster a community built on mutual trust, respect, and kindness
- Communicate directly, transparently, and considerately
- Align words and actions
- Embrace fun and humor
Commit to delivering quality results and making an impact
- Demonstrate a willingness to go above and beyond
- Persist in spite of obstacles
- Follow through to completion
Create an environment that encourages critical thinking and actively seeks and incorporates diversity of thought
- Seek and consider alternative perspectives
- Listen actively
- Encourage healthy debate and support the outcomes
The goal of the Anti-Fraud Collaboration is to promote the deterrence and detection of financial reporting fraud through the development of thought leadership, awareness programs, educational opportunities, and other related resources.
Discover Audit is an initiative of the Center for Audit Quality aimed at introducing the exciting and dynamic world of public company auditing to the next generation.