CAQ Snapshot: June 2020
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
New Webisode Series: Exclusive Interview with SEC Chief Accountant on COVID-19
The newly launched CAQ webisode series features a discussion between Securities and Exchange Commission Chief Accountant Sagar Teotia and CAQ Executive Director Julie Bell Lindsay on the issues facing public companies and auditors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Teotia shares insights on everything from going concern and internal control over financial reporting to second-quarter accounting judgments and leadership changes at the FASB.
Other timely, CAQ-created COVID-19 resources can be found here:
- Profession in Focus Webisode: Audit Committee Considerations during COVID-19 – June 19, 2020
- Anti-Fraud in Action Webisode: A Focus on Ethical Culture and Diversity during Crisis – June 19, 2020
- Goodwill Impairment Considerations in the COVID-19 Environment – June 19, 2020
- Focus on the Auditor’s Risk Assessment – June 8, 2020
Watch the Newly Launched Auditing Documentary
The CAQ, as part of its Discover Audit initiative, produced Making It Balance, a documentary about three young adults who discover how people of all backgrounds and passions forge their own career paths through the auditing profession. Discover Audit and Making It Balance are working to inspire the next generation of diverse and dynamic talent to join the world of public company auditing.
Interested in joining the social media conversation or hosting your own premiere event? Download the toolkit (enter password: ShareYourRoad).
Understanding the Auditing Requirements for Accounting Estimates and the Use of Specialists
The CAQ and Financial Executives International (FEI) have teamed up to provide auditors and management an overview of the new and amended requirements for auditing accounting estimates and the auditor’s use of the work of specialists. Click here for the resource.
CAQ Symposium: 2020 Registration
This year, the Center for Audit Quality’s annual symposium is going virtual and inviting academics, practitioners, and other interested parties to attend. CAQ Symposium 2020, hosted by Deloitte & Touche LLP, will take place on Monday, August 3, from 1:00 to 3:30 pm EDT. The program will feature a panel discussion on multinational group audits, followed by a presentation of a CAQ-FEI commissioned research study on ICFR management review controls.
This program is free to attendees and qualifies for 2.5 CPE credits for those who meet the eligibility requirements. If you are interested in attending the symposium, click on the link below to register.
Registration deadline is Monday, July 20, at 11:59 pm EDT.
- PCAOB: Interim Analysis of Critical Audit Matter Requirements – June 15, 2020
- Response to “Interconnected Standard Setting for Corporate Reporting” – June 12, 2020
- IESBA: Proposed Revisions to the Fee-Related Provisions of the Code – June 4, 2020
- Compliance Week: Roadtrip Nation, CAQ Partner to Explore Auditing Careers in Documentary – June 4, 2020
- Accounting Today: CAQ Documentary on Young Auditors Debuting on PBS and Online – June 4, 2020
- Bloomberg Tax: Documentary Spotlights Audit Careers as Sector Seeks Diversity – June 5, 2020
- Pensions & Investments COVID-19 Demands Investors Read Financial Statements Very Carefully – June 17, 2020
- Career Warrior Podcast: Embarking on a New Career Path | Da’Rell’s Story – June 29, 2020