2019 Main Street Investor Survey
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
The CAQ’s Main Street Investor Survey annually measures retail investor confidence in US capital markets, global capital markets, public companies, and audited financial information. In 2019, key findings from the survey include the following:
- 74% of US investors express confidence in US capital markets.
- 76% of US investors have confidence in US companies that are publicly traded.
- 78% of US investors express confidence in audited financial statements.
- 47% of US investors have confidence in capital markets outside the US.
- Investors named independent auditors as the most effective entity in their investor protection roles, with 83% of investors expressing confidence.